We have the ability to offer products with the most updated technology from manufacturers such as R.P.I. (Royal Products International), Westile, and Ruberoid Building Products.
Commercial roofing is mainly thought of as flat roofing. Most of us will think of low slopes or even sheds because of their designs or large building with a very steep pitch. On the other hand, others will think of the installation / how the product is installed. For example, standing seam roof systems, single-ply membrane systems, modified torch-down systems, and modified bitumen membrane systems such as APP or SBS all work extremely well. Some of these roof types are dependent of the type of install and can carry transferable warranties for both labor and materials.
- Rubber Roofing or E.P.D.M. (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer). This type of roofing is usually black in color and available in various sizes. This system works well on roof slopes as low as 8% or 1/4” pitch. This roofing product has several installation methods. An experienced roofing company such as PJD Construction & Roofing can advise on the appropriate application and installation technique necessary to keep your building dry for years to come. E.P.D.M. is used for commercial, industrial, institutional, residential, and portable offices.
- TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin Roofing Material). TPO a single-membrane system available in large rolls like EPDM roofing material. TPO roofing is installed using mechanical fasteners, and then the seams are heat welded together. The white TPO material does a good job of reflecting solar radiation, which helps to reduce the demand for air conditioning in hot weather.
- Modified Torch-Down Roofing Systems are very self-explanatory. This type of roof system uses a large amount of BTUs to heat the membrane, usually to a G-2 fiberglass base sheet that is mechanically fastened to the roof deck. All detail work, flashings, and drains are also heated into place using a smaller torch. The torch-down systems are slowly being replaced by safer cold process installs such as E.P.D.M., TPO, or other single-ply roof products.
Modified Roofing Systems are also available in different install applications, such as heat welding, hot asphalt, self-adhering, and cold adhesive methods. There are certain systems which are exclusively available through certain manufacturers. Bitec has Mineral Design APP and SBS Pattern Design Cap Sheets, Imperflex USA & MSA Self-Adhered Membranes and Granular Color Selection Chart.
- Asphalt Shingle Roofingremains a very popular roof system. There are many commercial buildings designed with sloped roofs needing asphalt shingles for weather protection. This roof system is an affordable option, giving building owners many styles and colors to choose from.
- Metal Roofing Products are factory-made panels and flashing profiles. At times, roofing panels can be formed and cut on the building site. Metal roofing offers the benefits of energy efficiency when installed on a sloped roof because it has a lower heat gain during warm, sunny weather and low maintenance.
- SPF or Spray Polyurethane Foam Roofingis a commercial roofing option used on flat or low-slope roofs. This system is applied with spray equipment. Installing an SPF roof gives a seamless roof covering. SPF at times can go over an existing roof or be applied for new construction. SPF roofing is popular because it eliminates the need for most types of roof flashing, and it also functions as roof insulation, lowering the building’s heating and cooling costs.
- PVC Single-Ply Roof Systems are composed of ethylene & chlorine. The manufacturing technique involves either petroleum base or gas processed to get the ethylene, and the chlorine is derived from salt. PVC materials are composed of two layers with polyester scrim in between to strengthen the sheet. To help make the product UV resistant, there are additives in the top outside layer, as well as plasticizers to make the sheet flexible. The bottom ply also has plasticizers and is PVC black in color. PVC is also available in different colors. PVC can be ordered to look similar to standing seam or other roof types. PVC can be heat welded and is safer than other systems because it extinguishes itself once the heat source is removed.
PJD Construction & Roofing, Inc. offers the following Commercial Roofing Systems in the Denver, Colorado area:
- EPDM – Mechanically fasted, totally adhered systems, ballast systems
- TPO – Mechanically fasted, totally adhered systems, ballast systems
- PVC – Mechanically fasted, totally adhered systems, ballast systems
- Fleece-back EPDM & TPO – Mechanically fasted, totally adhered systems
- Asphalt Shingles- All brands and types removals and installs
- Modified Roof Systems- Built up, cold process applied
- Modified Torch-Down Systems
- Slate Roofs – Both natural and simulated slate roof systems
- Concrete Tile Systems – Any type or brand
- Metal Roof Systems – Standing seam systems & flat seam Systems
- Liquid applied systems– Please call for information